NEED A HIGH QUALITY VERSION OF YOUR LOGO?
Once redrawn, you are able to use it for just about every purpose.
You will receive vector PDF + EPS, including high resolution images PNG + JPG.
Need to know a bit more about Vector based images?
Simply put, graphics that are created or made up of lines/paths/points/curves.
JPG or PNG files are not made up of lines and curves, these are BITMAPS / RASTER images.
When you paste a .JPG image into a vector based program - it DOES NOT make it a vector image. When someone has asked for a vector file, it's usually when the original artwork was done in a vector based program with NO BITMAP image.
Depending on what you need - if your print shop has asked for a vector version of your logo, it's probably because they need something in a 'line' format.
- Vector formats may be scaled to any size allowing them to be enlarged or reduced without jeopardizing quality.
- Vinyl / laser cutters can only operate based on a vector file. This is when you need your logo / graphic cut along it's shape.
- With a vector file you can then output the file to create high quality JPG's, PNG's and GIF files.
- Vector is required for almost any signage, branding, packaging requirements.
- A JPG, PNG, PSD, GIF is made of blocks, this is a bitmap/raster image. You can only scales this to a certain size before the little blocks are visible which gives you a pixelated result.
- A Vector Logo is Easily Editable. You may change the colour or rearrange the logo elements.
Not a vector: .jpg .png .tiff .gif .psd
Possibly a vector: .pdf .eps .ai
If you are uncertain, send through the file and I will gladly assist and confirm what and how your artwork was made.
No. Photoshop can't create true vector images. This is still a bitmap image. Photoshop is not a vector based program.